Last Updated on June 29, 2023 by Christian Heide
Barcelona is a great location for companies to hold their off site meetings, sales kick offs, conventions or other corporate events and team meetings. The city by the Mediterranean Sea has all of the infrastructure that is required for such events. In the following we will explain five reasons why:
1. There is an abundance of hotels in Barcelona
All over the city you will find hotels of any price category fitting to your budget. Popular areas are of course the old town of Barcelona like the Gothic Quarter, the Eixample with many modern hotels or hotels close to the exhibition areas.
2. There are many venues and exposition halls that can cater for events of any size in Barcelona
The famous FIRA de Barcelona has exhibitions halls just outside the historic center at the slopes of Montjuïc Hill as well as in the outskirts of the city with halls that can have up to 12,000 people seated. Of course many hotels are prepared to host smaller events and off site team meetings.
3. Barcelona has a great transportation system
From public transportation with an extensive metro and bus system, rather cheap taxis to private bus services. Anything can easily be arranged and makes it convenient to get around in the city. On top, the airport El Prat is closely located to the city. It takes only about 25 minutes to get into town.
4. The Barcelona climate is great all year around
With about 220 days of sunshine per year and a very balanced temperature it is attractive all year long. It never freezes in Barcelona and typically, the highest summer temperatures are around 32-33 degrees celsius. January is a fantastic month as it is not as busy as in summer, so prices are a little bit lower and if you come from Northern Europe your employees will just like the moderate climate. If you are lucky you can sit in the sun with t-shirt only!
5. You can organise a broad range of activities and experiences for your teams in Barcelona
Why not trying out a sunset sail along the coast of the city? Or a wine tasting event? From history tours to art classes like creating a mosaic with your company logo together as team. Barcelona offers thousands of possibilities all year long. In the following you will find some examples how The Barcelona Feeling can support you.
What are ideal activities for team events in Barcelona?
The Barcelona Feeling offers a variety of experiences that are great for corporate events and team building. Among our happy customers we have SAP, Adesso, Beyond Pricing, Salesforce, Elegant Themes and many more. Here are three examples how we can support you:
1. Our Food Tour “Barcelona History & Food Experience” has especially been popular among companies with groups of 15-25 participants. Enjoy a mix of walking in the old town of Barcelona and learn about the cities history. We make two distinct stops in restaurants to learn about the variety of tapas: the first stop will be finger food from the Basque Countries called Pintxos. The second stop will be about Spanish tapas in general. Your team will not be hungry afterwards anymore and will have enjoyed beautiful parts of the historic center of Barcelona.
2. Cava & Chocolate is a local tradition. Spend a day with your team outside of Barcelona and visit the nearby wine region Penedès. Visit the local chocolate factory and try lots of fine chocolates and learn about the arts of chocolate making. In the afternoon we will do an extensive Cava tasting in the beautiful courtyard of a small family business that has been making Cava and wine for 5 generations. Cava is the local Champaign made in the same way as the French sparkling wine. You can opt for a barbecue in the green patio or for a lunch in a great restaurant that serves wonderful three course menus.
3. A great idea is to combine a walking tour where you learn about the beautiful Modernist architecture in Barcelona with a hands on experience – a mosaic workshop in Gaudí style. Create your own company logo as a team! Our experience Feel Like Gaudí offers this combination.
Why not a virtual corporate event as a teaser before travelling to Barcelona?
We are offering a virtual experience called “Zoom around panoramic Barcelona” that serves ideally as a teaser for a trip to Barcelona introducing the beautiful city by the Mediterranean to all participants. This virtual tour is also perfect for a virtual team meeting when bringing international teams together that cannot travel. It is an interactive session of about 75 minutes. During the pandemic we had about 2000 guests joining us from all over the world leaving fantastic reviews (average of 4.92 stars out of 5).